Re: HELP: TD Lights

To: vping@optonline.net
Subject: Re: HELP: TD Lights
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 18:12:21 -0400
Vinnie,
  At one time, some states did not allow sidelamps and headlamps to be on
together. Your car may have been re-wired by the dealer to meet the specs
of the state.
  Check your switch again. According to the diagram in my Workshop
Manual, there should be a red wire to the sidelamps connecting at T on
the switch, and a blue wire to the headlamp dipswitch connecting at the H
on the switch.
Bob

On Tue, 20 May 2003 22:21:07 -0400 V Pina <vping@optonline.net> writes:
> Hey guys & gals,
>
> I am currently trying to make sure the wiring is in order on my TD.
> It is all original and some have fallen off over the years and were
> not
> hooked back up.
> I have them all working but....
> First click get me running lights
> Second click gets me Headlights but the running lights are supposed
> to stay on with it. They don't! If I jump the terminal on the back of
the switch they are all on at  the same time but I see no evidence the
this was ever the case.