location of studs for dot snaps

To: "mg-t@autox.team.net" <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: location of studs for dot snaps
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:06:40 -0600
I'm putting a new tonneau and hood on my TD. I have 4 studs in the tub and
all the rest are covered over.

My instructions say: "Start at the center and work out to the outer edge of
the body tub. Nine screws will be placed as such at 5" intervals, with the
remaining two screws on each side going around the ends of body tub set at
3"...  adjust locations as needed and drill all 13 holes."

If I put a stud in the center back and measure out I can fit 3 studs neatly.
Then measuring out 5" takes me to the outside bolt of the tire carrier.

If I measure 6 " from the bolt I end up at the existing stud on each side
(which falls about 1" short of the edge of the gas tank)

If I measure 5 inches back from the last studs (which are in place) on each
side near the seat I can fit 3 or 4 studs.

How far apart are these studs?
How many are across the back?
How many are on the sides?

How far down from the top edge (not the trim piece) of the tub do these go?

Thanks, Mike