Re: Restoring a Gas tank

To: V Pina <vping@optonline.net>
Subject: Re: Restoring a Gas tank
From: Bud Krueger <budkrueger@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 07:48:55 -0500
Vin,

     The tank of my TD was similar to yours when I got it.  The car had sat with
a virtually empty tank fop quite a few years.  I bought some tank cleaning
solution from Eastwood and put it into the tank along with a few short pieces of
chain. That's after inserting a variety of rubber stoppers into the various
orifices.  I then proceeded to spend the better part of an afternoon out in the
backyard turning the tank end-for-end and round-and-round.  It didn't take long
before all of the rust and crud was drained out.  I thought about coating the
inside of tank with their compound, but decided against it.  The last thing that
I want is to have loose compound clogging the filter screens.

Bud Krueger
52TD