Re: Turn Signal Questions

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Turn Signal Questions
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 16:31:26 -0500
Scott Allen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of my missions over the Winter is to put turn signals in my '52.  I've
> picked up the parts to do this, but I have a pretty basic question...
>
> Where does the flasher unit go?  I mean, where on the car is it installed?
>
> Continuing on that theme, where is the flasher relay located?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Scott Allen
> 52 TD
> 74 1/2 BGT

On my 53 the flasher control is mounted on a bracket at the bottom of
the dash about in the middle. On the theory that a picture is worth a
thousand words, here's a picture of it looking up from below:

http://www.train-sim.com/mgtd/flasher2.jpg

The relay is mounted on the firewall next to where the steering column
passes through. Here's a picture:

http://www.train-sim.com/mgtd/flasher1.jpg