Re: Manual timing advance

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Manual timing advance
From: deboer@deboer.net
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 09:50:54 -0700
For one major change, the MK II frame has bracket arms welded to the front near
the shock mount for the links to the arms of the Andrex shocks. At the rear it
has boxes with mounting plates for the rear Andrexes. I also believe there might
be different clips to hold the second fuel line. Probably a $5 cost change at
most.

There were extra holes in the firewall and the RH bonnet side has the bump for
the (larger) air cleaner manifold.

The MKII cost about $200 more than the standard TD and the bulk of that increase
was due to the mechanicals: larger carbs, different head casting with the larger
valves, a second fuel pump and other, smaller, items. That amounted to a 12%
price hit and made it a slow seller. In Lexington Mass, we only sold 1 MKII to
100 TDs.

Of course, if you read the book "The Red Car", you will note that the author
said
that the Mar IIs were "put in a separate class due to their vastly increased
horsepower"!

History is fun!

Jarl de Boer