Re: Wire Wheels

To: simbafish@comcast.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wire Wheels
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:08:38 EDT
In a message dated 6/11/02 06:47:48 Pacific Daylight Time,
simbafish@comcast.net writes:

<< Moss sells the complete conversion package, chrome/stainless steel kit for
 $3195. The people at Hendrix Wire Wheel just this morning steered me to
 British Wire Wheel. They have a direct bolt on wire wheel set for $1250 made
 by Dayton. >>

Stu, this sounds like the Moss kit includes the wheels too but the BWW kit is
only the hubs and spinners......?   I saw a complete set of Borrani's at a
swap meet this weekend complete with new Sears radial tires.   This kit was
used on many Arnolt MG TD's in the old days.  A few of those cars are still
on the road and there is no down side that I know of.   The wheels had been
rechromed and if you look closely you'll see some pits but from 3 feet they
looked perfect.  The adaptors and spinners were perfect.  I have the guys
phone no. if you are interested, the wheels are in Santa Cruz, CA and did not
sell at the meet.
Terry