Re: tonneau zipper and Aftermarket Wish List

To: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Subject: Re: tonneau zipper and Aftermarket Wish List
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:29:06 -0800
Bob,

I don't know of a lockable stowage bin for the TD.  We have never been
bothered by theft of items from Our TD, even when we had a CB in it back
in the days when CBs were the hottest item to steal.  We just didn't
advertize the fact that there was a CB in the car.  The CB unit was
installed in the glove compartment and we used a magnetic mount antenna
that was stowed inside the car, under the tonneau whenever it was parked
in a lot or on the street.  Even today, we just keep anything in the car
under cover whenever it is parked outside.  To that effect, I made a
half tonneau out of heavy duck material that covers the area behind the
seat, even with the top up. I put snaps on the top of the tacking rail
aroung the back of the car and a quick release strap on each side that
slips under the side curtain and attaches to the lift the dot stud on
the side of the car.  An added advantage to this cover is that when we
are traveling with the top up and the side crutains off, the cover keeps
things carried behind the seat from blowing around.  The only additional
precautiion we take is to make sure that the car is parked in an area
where there is a lot of people around.   We have never had anyone tamper
with the car or it's contents in 25 years of driving the car on an
almost daily basis.

Cheers,
Dave