Thanks to all

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks to all
From: "Peter Thiel" <pthiel@QuixNet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 22:26:25 -0500
To the List:
    I want to give a heartfelt thanks to those who responded on the
"Wood condition" issue. I found all comments helpful, especially Bob
Howard, Ray McCrary, Bud Krueger, and Curtis Cook. These comments helped
give the necessary confidence, and what to look for , to secure the
purchase of a '53 TD by my father Wally. He and I had been on a hunt for
a good car, and after several months and lots of cars on the Internet
and in publications, we actually looked at five TDs in the $8-12,000
range, which can be a touchy range! We saw a lot of different defects
and problems, and came out feeling good about the car we found. Details
will follow regarding vehicle numbers and such, but suffice to say, I am
grateful for the spirit of sharing of information that I've found on
this list.

To Life!    Peter Thiel