Re: Cars registered (wondering of the whereabouts of an

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cars registered (wondering of the whereabouts of an
From: Roadrunner@Post.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:24:20 -0600
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Cars registered
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:46:56 -0600
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>

Recently I bought a parts manual for a MG TD from Canada.
Inside it is written:

O.M. MacLeran
1244-Grant
Downers Grove
WO 80252  (Canada?)

        << snip >>

Blake

WO 80252 ?

Forty years ago or so, I think that "Wolcott 8-0252"
was a phone number in Downers Grove, a picturesque
little suburb around six miles south and twenty miles
west of downtown Chicago.

        I could find no listing for the telepone number
(630) 968-0252 ("WO 8-0252"), although there are listings
for "WO 8-0243" and "WO 8-0253," both of which are in
Downers Grove, Illinois:

        (630) 968-0243:
                                Allan T Lacey
                                907 Curtiss St
                                Downers Grove, IL 60515

        (630) 968-0253:
                                C V Rigsbee
                                1108 Curtiss St
                                Downers Grove, IL 60515

        Both of these are just a few blocks south of
1244 Grant Street, the postal ZIP code for which is
60615-2717, in Downers Grove, Illinois, all of which are
just a little west of Main Street, and three to five blocks
south of Route 34, in Downers Grove.

        A casual check of some records would indicate that the
only property to have changed ownership within two blocks of
that address in either direction on Grant Street since 1986
is 1240 Grant Street (for $567,500, just four months ago).

        Maybe the folks at 1244 -- or their neighbors -- have
been there a whole lot longer.

        I could find no telephone listing for "MacLeran" in
any of the midwestern states, nor in any of the three most
populous states, nor anywhere in Canada or the British Isles.

        Rod Ruehner