TD for sale

To: Peter Thiel <pthiel@QuixNet.net>, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD for sale
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@BlazeNet.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:15:53 -0500
Peter Thiel wrote:

> Bud,
>     Thanks for those pictures and the clarification from all who took a
> whack at Scott's question. I've been educated!
>     Next question for the list: I have been looking for a TD as a driver or
> "light" project. Any cars for sale in the vicinity of Connecticut or New
> York/ New England. I would be willing to travel up to four or five hours
> (well, OK, six) for a decent car.
> Pete Thiel

Pete and other interested parties,

There is a 1952 TD for sale that's been advertised in the local newspaper here
in
York, PA for quite a while.  A guy named Brent Lundgren has it and is asking
$6,000.  I had called a while back.  Here is the info I got from him:

Its been sitting for 6 years and was parked because of some electrical problem
never diagnosed except he says it needs a wiring harness.  It ran good and the
rest of the drive train was good when parked.  No special provisions have been
made for long term storage and the engine hasn't been turned over or the brake
pedal pumped for that time. It has been inside for those six years.

The body has some minor surface rust, very insignificant and is painted dark
blue.  Interior, top and side curtains are white.  He thinks the car was black
originally.

There is one non-original gauge. From his description it sounds like the safety
guage(combined oil press and water temp.)  I don't know if this car is late
enough to have had the combined gauge originally.  He didn't have the chassis
number handy.

Some modification was made to make turn signals by adding extra rear lights a a
toggle switch to operate them.  I don't know how the front signals were done if
at all.

Items missing are the cover under the dash and some sort of cover over the
transmission.
It could be the carpet or that rubber thing to close off the remote mechanism,
but he said you couldn't see through to the road so the tunnel must be there.

You or anyone wanting me to go and actually look at the car should let me know.

The owner's phone number is 717-848-1035.  The address is 1529 Third Ave., York,
PA 17403.

York is 5-6 hours from Connecticut, depending on where you are.

Charlie Baldwin
'52 TD 14552
York, PA