Re: Speedometer Help Needed (Spring???)

To: mgt <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedometer Help Needed (Spring???)
From: Bulwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 23:39:54 -0600
Bob:

It's been a long time since I had mine apart, but I do believe
there was a very light weight coil spring holding the pawl
against the notches of the mile counters.  This was on a 53 TD
with the magnetic instruments.  If I remember right, both the
pawls for the trip meter and odometer have the springs.  However,
I have 51 TD in my shop that I am working on.  When, and if, I
get the time I can check it's chronometric speedometer.

Blake

Blake