Sunny Day on CA

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunny Day on CA
From: Chuck <chull@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:57:03 -0800
        Today was one of the few sunny and clear days in the last few weeks, so
took the day off to finish getting my wife's TF ready for the paint
shop.  I put the last coat of cream paint on the inside of fenders, wheel
wells, door jams, inside of bonnet, and around the top of the tub and
cowling.  I also put on the last coat of primer on the fenders (I will give
them their final sanding tomorrow night).  I just came in from putting the
fenders back on the car, with 1/4" spacers between the fenders and body.  I
was told to do this so that the paint can get deep into the joint.  Not
really needed since while painting the wheel wells, I painted up beyond the
joint line, but extra paint in the joint should cut down on rubbing and
rusting.  The TF is now together, and all it needs is the wheels and front
bumper put back on - need the bumper so I can tow it to the shop.  My wife
has been watching with great interest.  She finally popped the question
"Are you sure you can get it back together?"  I hope so, I have a lot of
pictures and hand written notes to help me.  And if I get really lost,
there is the MG shop over in the next valley.

Chuck