Re: Rain

To: chull@pacbell.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rain
From: BJCJ1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 20:08:53 EST
Chuck

Im not a master painter, but when I painted my Midget and my TF, everyone
recommended using a metal etch after you strip off the paint to help the
primer bond better.

Regarding Humidity, just make sure that the air is dry,,,no moisture in it.
On humid days, I use at least two mositure separators to dry the air going to
the gun.  One close to the compressor, and another in the line about 6ft
before the gun.

I've painted mine with no problems while I was in NJ when it was really
humid.  Just make sure the air to the gun is dry.  If you get moisture in the
gun, it will really mess up the finish because mositure does not atomize like
paint will and it makes splater marks.  The only other thing you need to be
careful about is the temperature.  When you add the thinner, check out the
temp range, and change it to match the actual paint room temp.  To hot of a
day with too low a rating means that it will evaporate to quickly for the
paint.  If the rating is too high, and the temp of the day is to low means it
will take forever for the paint to cure between flash coats.

Bob J
Temple, TX