Edit your messages!

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Edit your messages!
From: Bulwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:04:23 -0600
FWIW:

<<<snip>>>
//
///  mg-t@autox.team.net mailing list
NOT be
sent.
///
<<<Snip>>>

Has everyone carefully read and understood that trailer at the
end of the messages?  The way I read it is if you don't edit your
replies and instead use just the full quote or reply quote, if
major domo sees those last four lines proceeded by the hash marks
on your message, he's going to trash the message and it will NOT
APPEAR ON THE BBS!!  Perhap's that's why some peoples messages
aren't' getting through.  My guess that this is major domo's way
of cutting down on redundant material, saving transmit time,
bandwidth, and storage at the archive site.  FWIW: it's needed.

Blake

[No, they haven't.  It is mostly folks using that virus magnet Outlook Express.
They need to set it to NOT automatically include the message to which they are
replying.  It would also be a good idea to not have it automatically add all
address to the address book.  Virus writers assume this behavior, as it helps
spread things to other Microsoft machines as quickly as possible.   mjb.]