Re: Year of Car (longish reply)

To: Herald1200@aol.com
Subject: Re: Year of Car (longish reply)
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 10:06:30 -0800
 all

    Andrew is correct in the determination of the model year of British
cars, at least during the time of the T series and obviously of the
early 60s.  The British never considered model years during that time,
only models (TC, TD, etc.).  therefore, the model year of the cars in
the US became the year in which the car was sold here.  We have a member
in our local MG 'T' Register who has a TD that is titled as a "1954 MG
TD".  He gos such a kick out of that, that he got a vanity plate that
reads just that.

    By the way Andrew, I had a division officer on the ship that I was
on in the early 60s, who drove a Triumph Herald.  I always thought it
was a neat little car.

Dave