TA Hood Frame

To: mg-t list <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: TA Hood Frame
From: "C. Knight" <cliffknight@ic24.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 16:02:49 +0000
I've just been trying to fit the hood frame to the TA and it seems to be
a bit out.  Before I start bending the arms I wonder if any TA/TB
listers would be kind enough to have a look at their frames and answer
the following:

Should the side frames above the door be horizontal when locked up?
Should there be a bend where the side frames join onto the windscreen
rail or is the rail welded at an angle?
When viewed from the side should there be a bend towards the rear of the
car in the upright that supports the horizontal rail pivots and the
first bow?
I've been told that the correct "headroom" under the main bow should be
39" Is this correct?
What is the approximate horizontal distance of the center of the bracket
that attaches the hood frame to the body from the inside of the back of
the luggage space?
What is the approximate vertical distance of the center of the bracket
from the body top?

Answers to any of the above will be appreciated
Regards
Cliff