Re: Pic of old car... {BLESS YOUR HEART, Chuck!!!}

To: Chuck Hull <chull@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Pic of old car... {BLESS YOUR HEART, Chuck!!!}
From: Roadrunner@Post.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 21:56:42 -0800
Bless your heart, Chuck!!!
There.  I said it again.  And I feel much better already.

Chuck Hull wrote:

> At 03:41 PM 11/22/2000 , you wrote:
> >Chuck,
> >we would gladly like to see your "olde car". Make it a JPEG-file,
> >400 x 600 pixels and a resolution of not more than 72 dpi (that's
> >the max. the monitor will do) than you come to about 40 - 80 KB,
> >which is easy to handle for anybody worldwide.
> >Happy holidays.
> >
> >Peter
> >53 TF
>
> When I post pictures on my web page (or Ebay) that is what I do, but when I
> send pictures, some folks like the higher resolution.  If someone wants to
> zoom in on a part of the firewall, the higher the DPI, the better.  For
> example I did take a picture of the empty engine compartment last weekend,
> then after I got home I zoomed in the part of the picture to check to see
> if the serial number on the car, matched the serial numbers on my
> title.  So, how ever someone wants them, I am here to serve.
>
> Chuck

Every reupholstered TF seat in which I've ever sat seems to sit too high--in
contrast to the low-in-the-cockpit posture of a driver forty years ago.  If
you decide to reupholster the seats for your wife, some of us would die for a
dimensional inventory of the original stuffing materials--including the
horse-hair pad in each back, as well as the assorted strips and pads of cotton
supplementary to the sides of the foam pad bottom and to the sides and the top
of the seat backs.  What is the present elevation of the highest and lowest
points of the upholstered seat bottom above the floor board in your car? Some
reupholstered versions have the lowest point (that which cradles the rump)
standing some six inches off the floorboards--very little lower than the
highest point at the peak of the rise near the forward edge of the seat.
Some of us suspect the proper elevation at the lowest point is closer to
three.