Engine Re-Build

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine Re-Build
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 20:10:09 GMT
All,

So driving down the road Friday I heard a bang, and then a grinding noise.
I coasted to the side of the road, and my '52 wouldn't start.  After looking
over the engine this weekend it looks like the #2 piston let go from its
endcap, and as a result the engine is now seized.  No holes in the block
though...

To make a long story short, I need to do a rebuild.  Problem is that in our
new-age sensitive military this reservist is looking at getting sent to
Bosnia for up to a year, so I'm inclined to send it off to someone to do the
job for me.  Any listers know of a good place for this, and how much am I
looking at spending?  Ditto for the head.

Thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

'52 Dead TD