Re: What's better, Paper or Felt?

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: What's better, Paper or Felt?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 15:10:59 -0400
Bob,
  I vote for the paper filter.  Paper is the filter medium used in
filters for modern engines, engines that have warranties long enough for
the filter medium to make a difference.
  Filter manufacturers claim that they can engineer the filter to pass
particles of a certain size and less. Sounds plausible.
  Some owners say that paper filters allow higher oil pressures. I don't
know that that is true, or that the difference in pressure matters..
Bob