Re: MG TD Voltage Regulator Cooking Battery?

To: fogbro1@bellatlantic.net
Subject: Re: MG TD Voltage Regulator Cooking Battery?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 00:25:03 EDT
Ed:

    I don't have any actual figures at hand, but it takes more additional
voltage to charge a given current into the battery than the voltage drop that
occurs when you discharge the same current. I.E. you may have to raise the
battery voltage 3 volts to charge it at 15 amps, whereas the battery may only
lose a half volt when you put a 15 amp load on it. (You might say it's easier
to take energy out of a battery than to put it back in.)

fogbro1@bellatlantic.net writes:

> Bob,
>
>  Please explain:
>
>  "BTW: Batteries have a much higher internal resistance when charging
>  than when
>  discharging."
>
>  Ed Woods

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336