Transmission conversion

To: MG <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Transmission conversion
From: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 20:32:07 -0400
I am wondering if anyone on the net has had experience (good or bad)
with the Datsun 210 5 speed transmission that Skyhook Engineering in
Maine is modifying for TDs. I understand from talking with the company
that there is no noticeable modification of the TD from above, it
appears still as original. One of my main concerns is if there is any
change of the tunnel. Are the dimensions the same? Also, how useful is
the transmission (fifth gear is an overdrive) if the TD's rear end has
already been changed to a 4.3:1 ratio?  Any input would be appreciated.
I just returned from the GOF at Mount Dora (FL). I knew my first gear
was very noisy, but the owner of a MG shop listened and said my first
gear is about as bad as it gets before something else might happen. I
don't want to get stranded in the boondocks so am thinking of
replacing/rebuilding the transmission.

Stu Keen
51 MGTD MkII
Venice, Fl