Re: A TD owner need some help

To: <looft@EriNet.com>, <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>, <TATERRY@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: A TD owner need some help
From: "david.tinker" <david.tinker@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:16:52 +0100
My bet is that the Carbs are not balanced. My advice is to start from
scratch again and set them up by the book. Do not overlook the coil either
because I had a similar problem to yours and it took me almost a year ( on
and off ) to get it right and in the end it the incorrect coil was fitted,
which I found by accident when rested my hand to look into the engine
compartment and got it burnt on the coil body. The longer I ran the car the
hotter the coil became and its efficiency dropped dramatically - hence the
misfire under load.

Let us know the verdict

David Tinker