Re: Headlights (Plating / Resilvering) of reflectors

To: <mg-tabc@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: Headlights (Plating / Resilvering) of reflectors
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 14:52:00 -0800
We had a TC foglamp with a badly tarnished reflector that did not "swish"
clean. We gave the unit to a caring, ultra-careful machinist who chucked the
unit in a lathe and cut the reflector away where it met the glass (having
first carefully noted some indexing marks so it would go back in the same
place.

Then we had the reflector re-silvered professionally. After it came back, we
placed it in position on the glass and epoxied it back in place with a thin
layer of JB Weld around the outside. After several years of use it is still
holding up well.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center
www.britcars.com