Re: Paint for TC wheels

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Paint for TC wheels
From: Dick Dell <rddell@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 13:16:19 -0400
This question has come up a lot on different lists. There were apparently
several different paint colors used on most BMC wheels so I'm not sure if
you can consider any one of them to be "correct".

The last time I painted wheels I was advised to try a color from Ford
called "Hammered Aluminum". That was several years ago but I can say that
it matched my TR3 wheels exactly, not too dull, not too shiny. I would use
it again.

I'm not sure if Ford still has it, I would imagine they do.

Dick Dell
Raleigh NC
MGTF
TR3