Looking for TC to hire, also shipping info

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Looking for TC to hire, also shipping info
From: CFritz7001@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 12:09:18 EDT
Hello,
    I'm new to this list, so a few words of introduction may be in order.
I've owned TC # 6756 (Betsy) since Sept. 1953, used her as my primary
transport for many years, then she was in storage while I raised a family.  I
restored her in 1986, and she is now fully functional (except for the clock).
    Next summer, my wife and I will be in Oxford, UK for two or three months.
 I am trying to find a way to ship Betsy to the UK so that she can visit
whatever may remain of her birthplace.  Do any of you list members have any
suggestions as to a competent shipper?
    As an alternative to taking Betsy herself (should that prove to be either
impossible or prohibitively expensive), I'd like to hire a surrogate TC for
our stay in UK.  Any suggestions?
    I've driven modern hire cars in England, and probably have put at least
100K miles behand the wheel of RHD cars such as Betsy, so I have no qualms
about  my ability to drive a TC safely in England next summer.
    Any and all suggestions will be most gratefully received.
Hopefully.
Carl Fritz
Gainesville, Florida, USA