Re: overheating TF

To: Lawrie Alexander <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: overheating TF
From: rjs <rjs@computan.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 12:41:27 -0400
Hi! It has been many years since I used to drive a TC. I was under the
impression that my TC had 13:1 compression. Am I dreaming, has senility set in?
The car was modified for racing, used a Laystall Aluminum Head, and when racing
ran on "fuel". I was also told the car crossed the finish line doing 105 mph.
Should I research my story better, or is all this possible. I never raced it but
it sure was fast! Too fast, while going through a tight S bend on the way home,
I gather the oil sloshed the wrong way, the pump starved, and the rod knocked. A
divorce forced the sale and I never got to see it repaired. Ric.