Re: tires

To: kingseim@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: tires
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 11:43:20 EDT
John,
  One of our CT MG Club members also commented about the supply drying
up.  He wanted new radials, was happy to buy 165x15s again, but found
that the number of manufacturers of this size was considerably smaller
than last time he bought. He, too, figured that with a bazillion VWs in
the USA, there would be a great choice, but that was not his experience.
  Further, he found that of this reduced choice, tread patterns were
modern, swirly designs that he didn't want for his TD.   Eventually he
found Vreidsteins (sp?) that he though looked right and bought a set.
I've not heard a use report from him yet, not that our TDs are demanding
of their tires.
  Whatever the difficulty of finding 165x15, I hope that noone repeats my
mistake of buying 5.60x15 Firestone bias plys.  They're wearing out fast,
but not fast enough.
Bob