Re: TD Gear Box

To: lpalmer@vanstar.com, tr6@pipeline.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD Gear Box
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 01:35:49 EDT
lpalmer@vanstar.com writes:

<< I am finally getting my gearbox back together and have got a question. How
 tight should the nut on the main shaft for the rear flange be? >>

Somewhere I've seen torque values for this nut but I can't lay hands on right
now.  I do know that you must be careful with the felt seal in this assembly
as you can torque against it and get a false reading and then later the joint
will loosen and the gearbox will start jumping out of gear.  Make sure the
splines have slid past the felt seal before the final tightening.
Terry