RE: Brown & Gammons

To: "Moorhead, Tim" <tmoorhead@sprinc.com>
Subject: RE: Brown & Gammons
From: Lewis Palmer <lpalmer@vanstar.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 14:33:14 -0800
Sure. B&G regularly advertise in "MG Enthusiast" and that's where I take the
following information.

MG TD/TF Closer Ratio Gears
Stronger (2X tooth width), better ratios, fits original gearbox case. Set
consists of the input shaft, laycluster, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear. Ratios of:
1st 2.86 (3.5); 2nd 1.84 (2.07); 3rd 1.33 (1.385); top 1.1 (1.1)
899.00 Pounds Sterling (17.5% VAT included)

I figure that's an end price of around $1250, plus shipping. Seems like a
deal to me.

I don't know what the second set of numbers (in parentheses) is behind each
ratio. Let me know if you figure it out.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone having done this conversion.

Regards,
Lew Palmer