Re: Rear and Front main oil seals

To: <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Rear and Front main oil seals
From: "Carolyn & Bob Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 10:40:39 -0400
Hi David, I also am not sure about the rear Moss seal, I have installed
one, it leaked, I then reinstalled it and seems OK now.  There is no felt
or other seal material in the original rear seal set-up. The aluminum top
half moon seal and the bottom half as part of the rear main cap make up the
"seal". Clearances are critical for this system to work, about 0.002"
concentric  clearance to the crank is required.
Friont seal is a CR 14005 lip seal and easy to install. No mods required to
anything, just put gasket goo on the outer perimeter of the seal and
install with the timing chain cover. You will have to cut two "U"  pieces
out of the sump gasket to clear the seal.
regards, Bob Grunau, MG TC, TD