P type questions

To: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: P type questions
From: "Dan and Jenny Fest (Coles Nurseries Inc)"
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 06:12:38 -0400
I am finally getting a few things done on my restoration and came across a few
questions.  I am working around the bell housing and transmission.  Trying to
take off the clutch pedal to paint but can't seem to remove the threaded pin
that is used.  Very similar to ones  used in the king pins.  Is there a trick
to removeing these without ruining the threads on the one side ?? Next, what
color should the pedals be - black as is the chasis ?? Also, the bushings on
either side of the bell housing which support the pipe to the frame look like
they could be replaced.  The rubbers getting slimy.  Are the replacements out
there ?? Lastly, as it pertains to the transmission, there's a piece the
protudes into the actual transmission from the transmission extention that
brings the controls up the driver.  The 'piece' actually engages the plate the
shifts the gears.  Mine looks worn one one side.  Is there a replacement for
that ??

Finally, as a general question... What is the proper fastener to use for sizes
less that 1/4 BSF ? This is for items like the tunnels to floorboards, spring
holders to frame.  I removed what appears to be simply #8, 6 slotted head
bolts and regular nuts like one would get at the hardware store.  What is
proper ??
Thanks for your time,
Dan