Re: NY trip

To: coles@colesnurseries.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: NY trip
From: Emgeeguy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 22:27:45 EDT
In a message dated 6/4/2008 6:19:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
coles@colesnurseries.com writes:

Does  anyone
have some recommendation on places to stop on the way there or  back?  Any
good
car musuems?

Depends on your route, Dan. If you are going through Nebraska, there is a
fantastic museum in Minden, called the Pioneer Museum. Great collection of
Americana, including almost every year of Ford, snowmobiles, Xerox machines--he

collected everything, and is worth seeing. Also in Nebraska, In Grand  Island
(my sister lives there) is the Stuhr Museum, an amazing  collection of early
Nebraska life, including tractors, farm equipment,  etc., and a recreation of
an
1800's Nebraska village. Worth seeing as  well.

On Route 66, in Santa Rosa, New Mexico, there is the Route 66 Car Museum.
Collection of 50-60 great cars--'55, '56' '57 Chevys, etc--, some of which are
owned by "Bozo" who runs Bozo's Garage. He did a repair on my rear axle a
couple  of years ago--Sunday afternoon, gave us a good repair rate, didn't
gouge
us as I  expected. Gave us a free pass to the museum while we were waiting.

Again, depending on your route, the Civil War museums are worth a  stop.

I might have other suggestions if you tell me the route. Been there, done
that!

Have a good trip.
Larry Long

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.