audio check on P -type

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: audio check on P -type
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 13:03:37 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Gents,

As I begin to drive my P-type more and more, I hear a distinctive whine  when
the clutch is depressed/car in gear/dead stop.

It may make the same noise when gears are changed and the car is in motion,
but exhaust noise/road noise, the wind in my ears and the light clash of gears
 (as I learn to double clutch), mask the sound.

 My first thought is the clutch plate may not be  fully disengaging  the
flywheel but there is no forward "creep" at  stop signs nor any strange new
odors.

I feels very solid when engaged... and the pedal need only be partially
depressed to be activated for gear changes.

Any thought as to where to start or do all Ps make this sound?

Thanks

Don B.