M Type floor

To: "List 'mg-mmm'" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: M Type floor
From: Robert Zwart <zwart1@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 00:22:49 -0700
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
        I have been busy trying to get to Gatlinburg so I didn't answer you.
I will try to measure the floor panels of my car for you if you have
not found some other source.  I am sure you will need to adjust.  I
measured and checked original dimensions from early magazine test in
England and at least four cars here.  All varied as much as three
inches in some dimensions.  The original bodies were made in small
lots, like 25 at a time..........  so I'm sure they were not all alike.
   Just like the paint.  I talked to a man who painted MGs and did then
work at Jaguar. I  wanted the blue my car had been built to.  Cerulean
Blue he thought.  I bought five tubes of Cerulean Blue oil paint and
compared them.  Each manufacturer seemed to show slight
differences....... He said they mixed paint each day and just compared
mix to cars made the day before by eye.  Some days his eye was not the
same; maybe too much night before partying.
        I would suggest you use my dimensions to make a minimum pattern.  Then
try fit it in place.  Add(taped on cardboard) or trim to fit the space.
   Use that to cut your floor panels.  I used a five ply Finnish
hardwood.  I think it was slightly less than half inch thick........
Beautiful wood.  It looks like maple.  I will call the dealer and ask
him.   This I will check when I get to the shop.
        Let me know if you still want it.   I gave most of my body frame
patterns to Ray McCrary for his car.  I was to get them back, but I'm
not needing, so he may not have kept them..
BOB

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/tiff which had a name
of Pasted Graphic.tiff]

or try