Re: MG PA Rear Axle oil level dipstick

To: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>, "MG-MMM" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG PA Rear Axle oil level dipstick
From: "Peter Green" <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 10:41:58 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bob,

I have just measured three dipsticks and the all measure:-

The total length of the dip stick BELOW knob is 5.100ins
The centre of the lowest mark is 4.950ins below the knob. (The marks are about 0.150ins long)
The centre of the top mark is 4.325ins below the knob.
The bottom 1.750ins of the dipstick has got a flat on it where the markings are.

I never fill the axle to the top mark, I fill to midway between the two marks (about 4.6ins from the knob).

I hope the above is the information you required.

Regards,

Peter Green

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Grunau" <grunau.garage@sympatico.ca>