PA steering boxes

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA steering boxes
From: Alex Dempster <aldoc@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 18:36:32 +1200
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dear MMMers

I would be grateful if anyone would provide me with details regarding the installation of an early VW steering box to a PA. I am particularly interested in the form of connection of the steeering column to the splined input shaft (?matching splines) and how the outer tube is finished and attached.

The upper thrust bearing in my Marles-Weller box is barely serviceable but it is possible to fit an alternative bearing to the bottom end. It is however not a long term solution.

Alex Dempster

/// http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool