N type caregiver

To: mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: N type caregiver
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 23:20:21 EST
Cc: MMMGservice@aol.com, racermoss@mac.com, mg.terryandrews@btinternet.com
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@Autox.Team.Net
Gents, some of you know that I recently bought the aborted TC restoration of
Bill Phy.  Bill unfortunately died 3 years ago and well before the completion
of his TC.  Bill was a tool and die maker/engineer and the work he did do on
the TC was phenomenal!  I'm going to try and finish it in the style that he
obviously intended.

I recently obtained some files that Bill had re MG's in general plus a lot of
invoices relating directly to the TC.  A lot of parts were bought back in the
50's from Gough Industries and Peter Satori and of course Al Moss.  Bill
lived and worked in Los Angeles at the time.  It appears that he bought the TC
from Jack Morris.  Al do you remember him?  And who was Gough Industries and
Peter Satori???

Bill bought the NA Fourseater that I now have from Ward Kimbal who worked at
Disney Studios and had a Dixieland Jazz band of come note.  Bill brought it up
here to the Bay Area, when he took a job with Fairchild Semiconductors.  He
took the NA completely apart for restoration.  Instead of restoring the NA he
sold it and it got sold 3 more times in boxes until I got it.

In the files that I now have, there is an extensive paper that could be
entitled "The Care and Feeding of an NA"  It is 12 pages + double spaced and
starts
off with the NA specs, then goes into timing and all other things important
to keeping this MMM Car on the road.  I say 12 + pages because the 12th page is
the last one that I have and clearly there were more.  The paper was clearly
written by someone in England.
I'm hopeful that someone on this list has the complete paper and will be able
to fill in my partial copy.  Please let me know.

I'll be sending a copy to Larry Long who hopefully can serialize it for the
NAMMM newsletter.

Looking forward to any insight to the above......
Terry Sanders
Oakland, CA