Re: Ulster cam?

To: <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ulster cam?
From: "Peter Green" <p.green@mgk3.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 10:41:42 +0100
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Brian,

You might be interested to know that a few years ago I did a back to back
test of a standard cam and an Ulster cam in my NE on a rolling road. The
conclusion was that up to 5000 RPM the standard cam gave more power, between
5000 and 5500 RPM both cams produced about the same power but at 6000 RPM
the Ulster cam gave more power and carried on producing more power the
higher the revs.

The conclusion I came to was that the standard cam was the better cam for
road use where the majority of the time the revs are below 5500, and the
Ulster cam would be better for competition use where the revs are mainly
above 5000.

I am sure that the above is equally applicable to the cams being fitted in a
P type.

I await other peoples comments with interest.

Peter Green.