Re: J2 piston question

To: "Bill Traill" <bill@clovermachine.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: J2 piston question
From: "SANDY SANDERS" <esane@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:24:15 -0400
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Bill;
    Just a bit of info for you re bottom rings. Way back in 1950 I purchased a
new Hillman Minx. A good little car at  that time. The factory left off the
bottom Oil control ring and specified if the oil consumption after 1-2000
miles was too much , then the dealer lowered the oil pan, loosened one
connecting rod at a time , pulled the piston down far enough to insert the
fourth ring. I never needed it as the oil consumption never did get more than
1 imperial qt in 2500 miles.
Sandy Sanders