Trunnion cover boots

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Trunnion cover boots
From: "Nowlan, Chris" <cnowlan@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:15:05 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Guys,

        At the risk of looking like I'm making a commercial plug, I think
I've got the real skinny on these boots.

        Up until approx. 4 years ago, there was only one source of front &
rear trunnion boots and everyone was selling the same thing.  The rear boots
were really correct for K & N types but oversize for all other cars
including TA-TB.

        On behalf of Naylor Bros. ( part of the Moss group) I reproduced
smaller sized rear trunnion covers using a genuine original sample removed
from J4 002.  These are produced in Dupont Brand Neoprene and really should
be good for many years.  Once again on behalf of Naylors I'm just starting
to get the front trunnion covers produced, also in Dupont Neoprene.  These
wont' be avial for some months.  I believe Phil at Naylors and Mike at
Sports & Vintage are trading off rear covers to be able to offer both sizes
but am not certain of this.

        It is also now possible that Barry has found a fellow snake charmer
in India that's also producing these. Mike's are made in the UK.

Cheers,

Chris Nowlan
Product Development
Moss Motors, Ltd.