Re: P Type rear axle & Brake

To: <DENKLEMM@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: P Type rear axle & Brake
From: "Pete and Fran Thelander" <pthelander@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 20:48:09 -0800
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Dennis, Don, Tom, Terry, et al;
To answer your question;  Yes, the TC rear bearing carrier is wider than the
MMM.  The shoulder from the flange to the end that pinches bearing on the
hub is correspondingly longer.  And ever since I lost a set of the drum
retaining nuts at Sears Point, (resulting in the wheel, hub, drum and axle
coming adrift in the back straight that isn't straight...it's a series of
high speed esses...very embarassing) I don't use the special split washers
(Moss catalogue pg 80, Part Number 324-340).  I go to the next page and get
the TD/TF/MGA Locktabs, Part Number 264-150.  The half nuts do do the job.
I haven't lost a brake drum since on either the NE or TC.
Pete Thelander, NE
NA 0518, TC 5890