Re: CFR regulators

To: felperg@earthlink.net, Kellmg@aol.com
Subject: Re: CFR regulators
From: "Viv James TraX Interconnect (Pty.) Ltd" <viv@trax.co.za>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:54:57 +0200
Cc: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Date sent:              Thu, 06 Feb 2003 09:56:06 -0800
From:                   Gerald Felper <felperg@earthlink.net>
Send reply to:          felperg@earthlink.net
To:                     viv@trax.co.za
Subject:                CFR regulators

Thanks a lot Gerald and Brian for the useful info. Maybe you can help
a little more.

The car is a special built just after the war from Sunbeam bits. Since
then its been continually on the road here in Cape Town and is very
well known. 15 years ago it was rebodied with Bentley like touring
body and it looks magnificent but nobody bothered much with details
like headlamp wires etc. I'm finishing off a few such details like
rewiring the beast and the CFR looks a bit more correct than the
RF95.

Yes I'll almost certainly use a diode.

The generator is a 3 brush driven from the waterpump and it in turn
drives the magneto but that's another story. One wire is earth, another
goes to the D+ and the third to the F1 terminal. I have found a period
High/Low charge switch for the dash panel

The resistors in the CFR go from D+ to F1 and from F1 to F via one
end of a fuse.

How should this switch be connected?

Tks again

Viv