Re: Tyres

To: awfock@optushome.com.au, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tyres
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 19:47:49 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
In a message dated 2/1/03 16:29:49 Pacific Standard Time,
awfock@optushome.com.au writes:

<< Thinking I would be smart I have just replaced my 30+ year old tyres on
the NA
 with brand new Goodrich 4.75/18 tyres. The wheels have not needed any
 balancing with the old tyres but now she is all but undrivable above 45 mph.
 Have I missed something when I fitted them? Is there a mark or something that
 I should have matched up with the valve?

Andrew, make sure you have the bead seated.....there are concentric rings to
help with this.  There is no mark, but you should find someone who can
balance the tires on the car.  They spin them up with a machine , then fit
weights.  Proper weights for a prewar car would be lead wire wrapped around
the spokes.  Surprised you went with 4.75x18 when 5.50x18 is the size called
for....I'm using 5.25/5.50x18 on the NA and also have them on the SA but they
are too small for the SA.
Terry