Re: Re: steerng question P type

To: <TATERRY@aol.com>, <DSBonar@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: steerng question P type
From: <hiro@octagongarage.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:15:19 +0900
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Terry,
No, Don says split pin holes are outside. Your way is correct
for non-line up holes to the slot, but Don's case is
different!

Hi Don,
I think you can put an appropriate washer under the castle nut.
Or re-drill a new hole. Safety wire may not suit to Ruby I
believe (looks too competitive).

Good Luck,
Hiro

DSBonar@aol.com
> writes:
>
> << When assembling track rod and drag link ball pins to
steering arms, they (the ball pin base) appear to be drilled
for split pins (assume for added safety).
>  However, when I crank my castle nuts down tight, Holes for
split pins are well outside the nut. Makes me think either
>  1. There should be some type of washer, or...
>  2.  I should use safety wire like aircraft repair rather
than a split pin.

>  And the answer is... ?? >>
>
> Don, disregard my previous message......I thought you were
talking about the rod ends.   For the balls, when you tighten
them up, if the split pinhole doesn't line up, you file down
the bottom of the nut a little at a time until
> it does line up.....then insert the split pin and bend over
the ends.....
> Terry

team.net  or try