Steering questions-PA

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Steering questions-PA
From: DSBonar@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 18:30:31 EST
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi experts!

I'm rehabbing the steering (primarily the drag link and track rod) on Ruby
and have found the usual?

2 broken springs (or no compression)
2 missing ball pins
1 missing ball bin swivel cup

I'm assuming I can replace all these from Mike D. Is there a source on this
side of the pond?

My bigger question is ... the opening in the side of the various end pieces
for the ball pins (on all the units) seems to show signs of significant wear
and the openings seem to have a "2 lobed" rather rough appearance rather than
a nice smooth circle or oval. Having never seen a new one... I fear there is
major wear and I'd be safer to replace all end units? Sure wish this MMM
system allowed us to attach a photo!

Comments and suggestions?

Thanks,
Don B.