Forwarded: Re Jerry Goguen's passing & Obituary

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Re Jerry Goguen's passing & Obituary
From: List Administration <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 01:46:38 -0600 (MDT)
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
For some reason this was sent to me rather than mg-mmm@autox.team.net.

mjb.
----

     From: "Chris Nowlan" <cjnowlan@cox.net>
     Subject: Re Jerry Goguen's passing & Obituary
     Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:03:05 -0700

Guys,

       Laurie and I have been on the east coast and we were pleased to
have been with Jerry, Doris & Nicole last week.  They have been truly
like family to me for the better part of my own life. ( as a 6 year old,
I really thought MG stood for Mr. Goguen and that all MGs were built in
Needham Mass ! )  Jerry was quite emotional as I told him about my visit
to Silverstone and the long list of friends that had asked about him.
We also took the occasion to present him with the Jerry Keuper award
which Bill Tantau had arranged to send some weeks ago.   We had hoped
that a group of MMM and MG-T  enthusiasts including David Jackson,  the
recently rediscovered owner of Jerry 's K3 from 56-63 could be there but
his illness was taking it's toll and this was simply not possible.

    Doris & Nicole have been overwhelmed by cards, flowers and words of
comfort from friends around the world.  The following obituary is for
general distribution to the MG community.

    I have lots of "Jerry" stories to relate and fond memories of our
adventures together.  He will be missed.

Cheers,
Chris Nowlan