gearbox remote

To: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: gearbox remote
From: "Pip Bucknell" <mgwizard@caloundra.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 07:06:37 +1000
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Can anyone help me with a standard P or J Remote gear change.

When we built the 5 speed gearbox into a standard P-type case I had to modify
the remote control.

I have now removed the 5 speed gear box from the P-type we use as a road &
race car.  I have re fitted a standard gearbox to the P that now goes to my
son in Adelaide.  I will use the 5 Speed box in the new single seater racer
that I am building.

In trying to change the remote back to fit the standard box, some things just
cannot be fixed properly and I am now left with a remote that wont select
gears correctly.

So if anyone can help, I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Pip Bucknell
AUSTRALIA