RE: MG Dealership?

To: <Kellmg@aol.com>, <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MG Dealership?
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@mn.mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:29:04 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Brian,

I'll take a crack at part of your question.

Distributors were just as the name implies. There were a couple of main
distributors, such as University Motors, which took delivery of cars and
forwarded them to dealers in their area for sale They maintained stocks
of some cars.

There were also sub-distributorships (dealers?) which maintained small
inventories and also did retail sales. My own J2 was distributed by
University Motors, but forwarded to a smaller distributor for retail
sale.

I believe, but don't know for sure, that there were sales-only outlets
(retail dealers?) who did not maintain an inventory, but did sales and
forwarded their orders to a distributor. My Airline came from one of
these (Brigden's of Brighton).

I'm not absolutely certain of this distinction, but I believe it
approximates the truth.

Regards,
Lew Palmer