Crank Hole Cover

To: "MMM List" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crank Hole Cover
From: "Lew Palmer" <lpalmer@roundaboutmanor.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:48:14 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
OK, I've got another headbanger:

In fooling with the PB, I've noticed that there is nothing to keep the
crank hole cover (the one with the logo on the front apron) from
flopping around. Was there some type of spring holding this closed? If
so, what does it look like? There's nothing that I can find in my
manuals that describes this.

Also, I recently found a couple of labels on my cutout that others might
find useful. I've put these on my Airline Coupe web site
(http://www.roundaboutmanor.com/Airline/Points%20of%20Originality.htm).
It's a bit large, so either don't open it or be patient. One (the brown
one) is a heavy paper tag that slipped over the posts on the under side
of the cutout itself. The other was a plastic sheet imprinted as shown
which was mounted directly under the cutout on the firewall. This is a
late PB (manufactured late November of 1935), and sold in March of 1936.
It uses a CJR3, not a CJR2 like earlier Ps.

Thanks,

Lew Palmer
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol