RE: Anyone know...

To: "John James" <jj@octagon.fsbusiness.co.uk>, "delta654" <delta654@home.com>
Subject: RE: Anyone know...
From: "Robert Grunau" <cgrunau@pathcom.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 12:41:23 -0400
Cc: <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi John.
Would you,  Mike Hawke, or anyone else, have any background information on
my 1933 J2, J-3017. Car has original engine 1815AJ, colour black, interior
red, left MG factory on 14 March 1933. Car has been converted to hydraulic
brakes by previous English owner. I do not have the English registration
number. MMM # 1339. I have owned the car since 1981, previously owned by
Canadians Oliver Clubine and Tom Berent. I believe Tom, who now lives in
London England,  imported the car to Canada in the mid 1970s.
Does Mike Hawke have email? I would like his address.
Thanks for any information.
Regards from Canada,
Bob Grunau

Barry,

The car has not been heard of since 1933. First owner was a Mr M P Tenbosch
who then sold it to a Mr N A Cullin of Leicester. The car took part in the
Exeter trial which started on 31st December 1932. It was black and green and
delivered to University Motors. Registration number not known.

The above, courtesy of Mike Hawke who knows more about J2s than anyone on
the planet.

John James, Keynsham, BRISTOL, ENGLAND.
British Cars Web: http://www.team.net/sol